Saturday, January 16, 2010

Christians, what your definition of gluttony and how do you control this sin?

Jenny Craig..lolChristians, what your definition of gluttony and how do you control this sin?
Is it a sin over materials things. I'm thinking that is what you meant,because you did call it a sin.Well, God says in the bible we should be content with what we have. We should not envy others. This is God's word. So, my best suggestion to you, is to pray about it continually. Until the Lord removes this from you. God really changes us. I use to always want my sister to buy me an expensive, elegant birthday gift all the time. But now the Lord really changed my thinking. Material things are not almost as important to me as it use to be. As a matter of fact, I just want things that I really need or can use, not wanting it,because it cost so much money. It's wonderful to see your changes. To know that the Lord haas change tour stone heart to flesh. What a blessing.Christians, what your definition of gluttony and how do you control this sin?
Pro 23:2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou [be] a man given to appetite.





its the Greek phagos from which we get our English ';esophagus';





Lexicon Results Strong's G5314 - phagos φάγος


Transliteration


phagos


Pronunciation





fä'-gos (Key)





Part of Speech


masculine noun





Root Word (Etymology)





from G5315





TDNT Reference


n/a


Vines


View Entry








Outline of Biblical Usage 1) a voracious man, a glutton








Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 2 AV — gluttonous 2
Gluttony is my biggest sin. I love food. I spent 35 years not being able to eat anything. Now I've fixed my digestive problems so I eat too much. It's difficult to control.
';Ignorance and Apathy';=';I don't know and I don't care';,,, Control?? ';STOP SINNING';!! ;)
gluttony is listening to all your stupid questions, controlling it is ignoring you.
Too much of anything is bad. You control it by fasting and asking God to help you control your portions.
You eat to feel good , instead of being hungry . Stop ~
to much of something


i don't control it

No comments:

Post a Comment