Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is a perfect definition for why we use a control in an experiment?

to act as a standard for comparison for checking results of an experiment with one or more experimental variables.





what is a perfect definition that will gain me full marks?


i know my one is too vagueWhat is a perfect definition for why we use a control in an experiment?
I'm not sure, but I'll try..





To enable the theorist or experimenter to gain the most accurate results with the least amount of uncontrollable factors, and to allow the person to compare the various variable results in order to make an accurate find.





I think mine is kind of weird though...What is a perfect definition for why we use a control in an experiment?
You should say something about how your experiment might be confounding results - that is, changing the outcome so that the actual values you get for the experimental tests are artificially elevated/decreased.

No comments:

Post a Comment