Saturday, January 16, 2010

What is your definition of Gun Control?

People allways talk about it, but doesnt it really depend on what Gun control really is? Are you for outright outlawing guns, or making it so ANYONE, ANYTIME can just buy one at the sput of the moment. Would gun control be kind of the way it is, at least in my state of Michigan where you have to have a criminal check?What is your definition of Gun Control?
My definition of gun control is to stop Hillary and the other liberals from altering the Second Amendment.





In our research we should both find that it's from the left that the most stringent (infringement) controls arise.What is your definition of Gun Control?
At least 1 in every home.
good gun control- aim for the water in the center of the bowl
My idea of gun control is being able to put every bullet in the 5X ring. Others do have some different ideas but, basically, we have enough gun control laws right now and we don't need any more of them. If the Judges would apply the sentences properly, the criminals would be taken off the streets.
Being responsible with your gun and your surroundings, whether it is hunting or self defense.
The do gooders in the UK managed to get them banned and now it is worse than ever.


Banning was not the answer, Tighter control was.


People with FC's were the most law abiding people you could get. I was scared of getting a speeding ticket in case it went against me holding fire arms because I used to very much enjoy shooting.


Since guns were outlawed the only people that have them are the outlaws.


I can now get hold of a gun easier than when I had a License.





There was an interview with some US army guy once who was showing kids how to shoot guns and the interviewer ask the question ';if you are teaching these kids how to shoot guns then arnt they going to go around shooting people equipped with this new knowledge.'; the army guy responded to the reporter saying ';you are equipped to be a prostitute but this doesnt mean you are.';





There should be background checks


Psychiatric tests.


Character witnesses


Regular inspections and re testing





All of these we were willing to do.
Unfortunately, guns are part of our culture. I don't want to legislate guns from hunters but I don't want criminals to have ';widow maker'; guns to mow down the youth of our society. Seems like the extremists on both sides of this issue are the only voices heard. I am for moderation.
That 2nd amendment thing...isn't that a bit primitive? No offence, but what possible sense does that make after all these years?


';From my cold, dead hands!!';.....duh...yeah, exactly.





Outlaw all guns with very few exceptions: obviously military and police, No guns for hunters. That's a sport and shouldn't be.


No guns for first nations who survived quite efficiently before guns arrived. Admittedly, they have fewer animal resources available but there are other methods that are not firearms.





Guns kill but not without people. Therefore, render the guns safer by not giving them to people.
My definition of gun control is hitting my target. I have owned guns since I was 9 years old and have never shot a human, much less I have never pointed at a person. However I like to have that option to protect myself. I would not like to let Joe Hood buy a gun when he feels like it and I think criminal and sanity test should be passed before a person is allowed to buy a gun. To hell with the NRA and their right wing politics. I am in Michigan also, and I should be deer hunting instead of answering questions. Oh Well, maybe this afternoon.
Gun Control is the attempt of the government to regulate the means private citizens choose to use to defend themselves. More people die every year from drowning in pools than die from accidental discharge of a firearm, yet we do not talk about ';pool control';.





It comes down to one simple thing. Rulers always want to limit the means of revolution left to the people. Take away our guns and you make it more difficult for citizens to express their right of revolution.
Using both hands to steady it...
My definition of gun control is being able to hit the target
I think background checks are acceptable. Other than that is just wrong. The constituion supports our right to bear arms and I think if gun owners are responsible then there won't be any trouble.
hitting what I aim at is the only gun control I am willing to discuss. If you want to take away my right to bear arms, you may be what I aim at.

No comments:

Post a Comment